Tuesday 3 March 2009

Just Some Little Bits...

Not much to update on performance or modification wise, but there has been a couple of little things that I have wanted to sort out.

Firstly, the car never came with a rear parcel shelf so I bought one. No problem...lets go out and fit it. Hmmm...you would think that fitting a parcel shelf is pretty straight forward, just a couple of clips then slot it in to place right?

Well yeah, that's right. But I discovered I don't have any rear speaker covers in place which the parcel shelf clips on to! Doh!

So currently I am trailing forums looking for anyone that has these parts for sale or that may be breaking an EK9. I have also sent an email to a particular site that breaks JDM cars, so we'll see what they come back with!




Now secondly, in the middle of the dash is a carbon console that holds the two dash air vents. Well, the left side 'curtain' we'll call it is broke and Honda reckon they don't sell the 'curtain'..or slider...whatever by itself. Oh no..they wanted £300 for another replacement carbon console, just so I can get hold of the left side vent. No thanks.

I managed to pickup a carbon console for £40 which is cracked on one side, but this is fine as I only want the vent anyway. So, we'll see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment