Wednesday 25 February 2009

HardRace Engine Mounts Installed

Got the engine mounts fitted on Sunday. Easy job for someone that knows what they are doing. Was done in my mates garage with 2 axle stands and a wind up jack :)
Fitment was perfect with no installation problems at all.

So, after fitting them I could tell there was a different straight away just from start up. Everything just seemed more firm and rigid..its hard to explain. The engine note is also louder, but in a nice way.

Driving the car, it feels a lot better. Turn in seems to be sharper and the engine is definitely more responsive through the rev's now.
I used to get a thud sometimes when slamming through the gears, which I assumed was because the OEM mounts were on the way out. Pictures below will tell the story on that.

Also amazingly (maybe this is in my head), but the crunch I got in 4th gear while way up in the rev's seems to have disappeared? :confused:
I have just recently changed to Redline gearbox oil, but it still crunched when I tested it..maybe it took sometime to settle? Who knows, I'm sure someone will clear this up for me..maybe it is in my head. I'll do some further testing.

The only negative with fitting these mounts in the slight vibration coming from the dash on idle, but I totally expected this and accept it. While driving, it is not a problem anyway.

So overall I am happy with the mounts and would recommend them..thumbs up from me :nice:
No wonder the car feels so much better compared to OEM mounts though, check out the pictures below. Yes..the rubber fell out as soon as the mounts were removed!





No comments:

Post a Comment