Tuesday 17 February 2009

HardRace Engine Mount Set

So, my latest modifications have turned up...

Reinforced engine and transmission mounts made by HardRace.

Here is what they have to say:

-Hardness rubber mounts create more strength than OE rubber mounts.
-Immediately experience the feedback from engine acceleration.
-Reduce Engine movement significantly.
-Provide the maximum output under engine acceleration.
-Compound with high anti-vibration and durometer rubber material




I have never come across this manufacturer before and I came across them while searching for alternatives to the likes of Mugen and SPOON. I'm sorry, but the SPOON and Mugen engine mount sets are outrageously priced in my opinion.

The mounts still use rubber, so won't rattle your teeth out but are 50% stiffer to OEM which should be a good compromise compared to stock and polyurethane mounts.

Going by using TRD uprated mounts in my previous car which was a Toyota, the benefits listed can indeed be expected. I noticed the difference in engine response and overall feel of the car when installed.

Another reason I opted for the mounts is after discussing chassis and suspension related components with a member of a forum I frequent on, the member advised his mounts were shot even though the car did not have that much mileage on it.

These should be fitted this Sunday, so I will let you all know how I find them.


No comments:

Post a Comment