Monday 9 February 2009

Garage Labour Prices

What do you guys think of garage labour prices these days?

I don't own a business, so I do not know the whole ins and outs of running a business but I do understand they have overheads and employee's to pay etc.

Recently I have been enquiring about getting a basic service done on the car. Engine and gearbox oil change, spark plug change and oil filter change.

One particular garage quoted me about 2 hours work at £50+VAT per hour. You may consider this garage to be a 'tuner' garage, either way do you consider these costs to be reasonable?

There is a backstreet garage around my area that usually do an oil and filter change for £10. Probably would only charge another £20 or so for the rest I'm guessing, but I don't feel comfortable with them doing anything but basic stuff!

Anyway, one of my mechanic friends is doing it for free anyway this weekend..hee hee..because I get him discount on his mobile bill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment