Wednesday 11 February 2009

First Service Done

So, got my first service done today.

Managed to get it done FOC by a mechanic friend, nice one!

We did:

Engine and gearbox oil with new seals and J's Racing magnetic sump plug
HAMP oil filter
HAMP fuel filter
Denso Iridium spark plugs

OK, so engine wise the car is standard apart from uprated ignition leads and would of been fine on the stock NGK plugs, but I opted for iridium's.

I have actually read some articles where the iridium plugs have helped gain 1-2 hp. I'm not expecting anything, but at least I don't have to worry about changing them for a while.

I have a track day in March, which I will give more details about in a future post, but there are a few things that I want to get done before then!

I have a modification on the way from the states which should be here within the next few days. More on that when it arrives!

1 comment:

  1. Cool to ready projects like this.
    I'm gonna blog myself when i finally have a proper car ( dc2 )

    Where did you got HAMP fuel filter ?

    ReplyDelete